Thursday, April 23, 2009

post #5

Moving from a poor country to a rich a country makes me a part of the global economy. To work and to earn more are the reasons why people moved. Working away from your home country to earn more can help a lot for the family. You can give your family more food to eat, clothes to wear and extra money for what they need and want. The bad part of it is that you are lonely, by being far from your family as what I read in the the essay of "love and gold". I short, people who moved to a rich country is to have a better paying job. In this way, I have the same situation with the people who were interviewed in the essay. I come here to earn more and to send money to my family in order for them to live a better life. On the other hand, I have to financially support for myself also.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'd love to hear more about your story. It's interesting - the essay focuses on the lonliness of the kids left behind, but it may be as hard on the nannies. What do we learn about their feelings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. migration has a lot of sacrifices. one needs to give up something with the hope of giving their love ones a better future. for sure it involves a lot of emotional sufferings.

    ReplyDelete